Saturday, March 24, 2012

I spy....the dunes!!!

So I just checked my blog stats, which I do every time I log in to write something. It is interesting to see where people come from. Someone from "mSpy" is coming here? Being nosy, I followed the link back to the main site. For those of you who are interested, mSpy is a mobile software program that allows you to spy on someone's cell phone if you have access to their device to install the program. So, if you'd like to invade the privacy of your spouse or children, and wreck your relationship with them forever when they eventually find out that you're going all Big Brother on them, go there and purchase some software. Let me know how that works out for you :D

Ooooh......sand!!!!
We went duning yesterday!!! I don't have many photos, because it is very difficult to take a picture of something when your face is smooshed into the window or wedged into the ceiling or your head is now flying towards the person seated beside you. FUN. I love it!!! If there are gigantic sand dunes where you live, then I highly suggest doing this. Of course, if there are dunes where you live then you've probably done this already.

I could not believe the amount of people out there. We were in the Sealine Beach area. The amount of families that maintain summer camps in the dunes was staggering. I don't tend to think of the desert as a terribly busy place, but being from Canada my impression of what a desert is comes from reading TinTin comics and Hollywood, hahahaha. The Qatari people are originally Bedouin tribes, so for them this is traditional living. I don't think my mother was too thrilled about getting knocked around in the SUV, but I enjoyed it. However, I also enjoy mudding, drag-racing, roller coasters, grizzly bear-wrestling, walking through downtown Winnipeg alone, and other dangerous things, so we can just add driving sideways in circles down the sheer facing side of a dune to the list.


A lot of us were trying to take photos of one kid who was like Evil Knievil  on a quad.

At one point we came to a rest stop near some camps and got to take pictures of the gulf as well as the mountains of Saudi Arabia across the water. The guides were pointing out the watch towers and immigration buildings, as well as some of the beacons on the smaller islands out in the water. Apparently people try to swim across the straights in that area in order to sneak into both Qatar and Saudi Arabia. I don't know. I can see wanting to sneak into Qatar, but Saudi Arabia just doesn't strike me as a place that I would want to make a run to,but I guess enough people feel differently that illegal immigration into the country is enough of a problem that a border patrol is neccessary. I will post pictures of the coastline when I get home because they are on my digital camera. The photos that I post right now during my trip are all one-step uploads from a cell phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment